Saturday, February 17, 2007

DAY FOURTY EIGHT: I Certainly Didn't Miss A Beat Today


DAY 48: I certainly didn't miss a beat today
Originally uploaded by displaced365.

The problem with my gambling isn't that I lose a lot of money. For one thing I'm up this year over $50.00 and when I lose it's in dollars and not tens of dollars or hundreds of dollars. The problem is the inappropriate amount of time that I spend doing it.

Considering the fact that the only sports I win on are golf, second division English football (soccer), and NBA basketball, I should only really be betting Thursday through Sunday most weeks. And since the only time I really win anything is on futures, I shouldn't even be gambling daily (if I just let sitting futures lie I'd be up over $100.00 this year).

But I do gamble daily and I sit in front of my computer stressing over bets ranging in size for $1.00 to $3.00 all day long. Today I actually wasted the entire day doing so.

And today was painful. I missed betting on Birmingham City (win) and a parlay of Southampton and Wolverhampton (win) because I slept through the 9:00 a.m. start times. I should have placed both the night before.

I would have been accurate on two more NHL bets than the one I was right on had I pulled the trigger as well.

But the most upsetting loss of the day was missing out on the winner of the three point shootout portion of NBA All-Star Weekend.

Now this should have been a gimme. An NBA Future. I couldn't miss. Jason Kapono just stuck in my mind for the entire weekend but since he was favored I kept waiting for his hype to go down. He went from +225 to +290 by the time I was ready to put down money on him. But when I went to do so the bet was closed because Bodog thought the slam dunk competition would come first and it didn't.

I missed out on $5.80 there. I missed out on about $4.50 elsewhere. The bets I did play were -$5.50. Of course if I had played any of those my cooler self would have kicked in. Oh well, tomorrow's another betting day.

NOTE: February 17, 2007 post to Photo 365, Project 365!, and Project 365

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home