Sunday, February 18, 2007

DAY TWENTY: My England Trip Starts To Come Into Focus


DAY TWENTY: my England trip starts to come into focus
Originally uploaded by displaced365.

I try to make it to the United Kingdom or Ireland every year. Last year I missed my trip to save up on money and try to pay off debt. But this year, I'm going to sort of repeat my trip from a couple of years ago and go to see Fulham and Manchester City (my two favorite Premiership teams) play each other.

The game in London this year is April 9 and I will be at Craven Cottage.

Next year I'll see the fixture in Manchester fate willing.

Anyhow, I wasn't even sure that I'd be able to go this year since airfare is insane (almost $1000 for off-peak April flights). But on Thursday I came across an add in Red Eye (the daily entertainment paper published by the Tribune) for a BMI sale.

They had fares for under $700 in April but if I depart at the end of March, it's only $460. I'm going to buy my tickets in the next couple of days. Only problem is that I don't know who else is going. That's the only thing I don't want to repeat from two years ago. I'd like someone else to go with.

I know England is only part of Britain, by the way. I'm not a stupid American. :)

NOTE: January 20, 2007 post to Photo 365, Project 365!, and Project 365

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home